Entrepreneurs in the small and micro business categories can only file their annual financial statements electronically. Via the online service for filing your financial statements yourself, you can manually enter the financial statements and submit them online.
File your annual financial statement (only in Dutch)
Personal information when depositing
The KVK requests the filing party to limit and be careful with including (special) personal information in the annual accounts because the annual accounts can be viewed by anyone. Think of a signature in ink or photos of directors/employees/customers.More information: What is personal data? (in Dutch)| Authority for Personal Data
What do you need?
You need the following to file your financial statements yourself:
- the financial statements (the financial statements for filing purposes);
- a KVK account with filing authorisation, an eHerkenning means of at least security level 2 (EH2) or an access code linked to the legal entity for which you are filing financial statements.
How does it work?
To enter and file your financial statement online:
- Log in (in Dutch) with your e-mail address and password, or using eHerkenning or an access code.
- Select your financial year, business category and accounting principles.
- Select ‘Start invullen’ (begin entering information) under ‘Start deponeren’ (begin filing).
- Enter your contact information and your financial statement data.
- Check the data entered on the ‘Controleren en verzenden’ (verify and send) page.
- If you approve the data shown, select ‘Deponeren’ (file).
- The status page will let you know when your financial statement have been successfully filed.
Consult the explanatory information in Filing your financial statements yourself (only in Dutch) for more information.
What are the advantages?
Filing via the service for filing your financial statements yourself is simple and quick:
- You will immediately receive an email confirmation, including a PDF copy of your financial statement.
- Immediately after sending, your financial statement can be viewed, retrieved and checked in the Business Register. Simply go to the Business Register, enter your company name and click on the 'Jaarrekeningen' (annual financial statements) tab. If the financial year for which you have submitted the financial statement is listed, that means it has been processed and entered into the Business Register.
- Your financial statement is available in a standardised, universal format (XBRL).
Filing your financial statements yourself for intermediaries
You can use Zelf Deponeren Jaarrekening if you are an intermediary and file one or more financial statements each year. You file the financial statements using eHerkenning and an authorisation from your client.
If you file financial statements for several micro and small private limited companies, it is also possible to link these to a single eRecognition means. Your clients authorise you in writing or using their own eHerkenning means. If you submit comparatively large numbers of financial statements each year, filing will be easier and more efficient for you if you use financial software (SBR).