If you start a company, you must register it in the Business Register.

How do I register?

  • Are you starting a one-man business, commercial partnership (vof), limited partnership (cv) or professional partnership (maatschap)? Then you should register in person at a Chamber of Commerce office. You will need to make an appointment for this.
  • Are you starting a legal entity, such as a private limited company (bv) or a foundation (stichting)? Then your notary will take care of the registration.

What do I need to register?

  • A registration form. The form states whether you need other documents, such as a rental contract or a franchise contract.
  • A valid identification document, for example your passport or Dutch driving licence. This is also required if you accompany a person who registers at the KvK, while acting as spokesman or translator/interpreter.

When should I register?

You can register from one week before your company begins operations until one week afterwards.

Do you provide workers?

Do you provide workers? Does your organisation provide workers? Do you hire out workers? If so, you are obligated to state this in your registration. This requirement applies not only to temping agencies but also to organisations that hire out workers on an incidental basis.

You are also obligated to register your company in the Business Register if it is registered in another country and has no offices in the Netherlands but does provide workers in the Netherlands.

For further information, see www.kvk/registrationlaw.