Contents of a transfer plan
In a transfer plan, you will find everything you need to properly arrange the sale of your company. For example:
- reason for and objective of the sale
- main features of the business
- the business’ strengths and weaknesses
- the business’ threats and opportunities
- the business’ objectives
- how you will approach looking for a buyer
- description of potential buyers (buyer profile)
- which advisors you will enlist
- negotiation strategy
The plan should also outline a time frame for selling your business. So make sure to link each part of the transfer plan to a (general) schedule. Decide whether or not you will continue to have a role in the business after the transfer.
What happens next
The preparation phase of selling your business is now over. Your business is ready to be sold (in Dutch), you have set a value and price (in Dutch), and the transfer plan lists all your actions. Now it is time to proceed to the next step: finding a buyer (in Dutch).