RSIN number

When you register with KVK, most likely you will get an identification number called an RSIN. This article explains what it is and who gets it.

All legal entities and associations, such as private limited companies, associations, foundations, general partnerships and partnerships (but not sole proprietorships, i.e. eenmanszaken), receive a KVK number and an RSIN, an identification number for legal entities and associations (RSIN: Rechtspersonen en Samenwerkingsverbanden Informatienummer) upon registration with KVK. This RSIN is used to exchange data with other government organisations, such as the Tax and Customs Administration.

Finding a company's RSIN number

You can find the RSIN of a business in the Dutch KVK Extract (not in the English one). Businesses or organisations sometimes also state their RSIN on their own website.

Note: sole proprietorships do not have an RSIN.

What is the RSIN used for?

The RSIN is used to link data between various base registers, such as the land register and the municipal personal records database (BRP: Basisregistratie Personen). That way, you only have to provide your details once. For instance, you no longer need to register separately with the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.

Fiscal number is now RSIN

Legal entities and collaboratives registered in the Commercial Register before 6 December 2010 used to have a fiscal number (Fi-nummer), issued by the Tax Administration. This Fi-nummer has been converted into the RSIN.

Last updated on 8 June 2021

EU quality network

This webpage is part of a quality network of the European Union.

Logo van SDN