Registering an SE (European public limited company)
- Edited 15 May 2023
- 1 min
How to register a European public limited company, also known as Societas Europaea (SE). Or the continuation of an SE.
1. Download the forms
Form 23: ‘Societas Europaea registration form'
Form 30: 'UBO registration form for a bv, nv, Societas Europaea (SE) or European Cooperative Society (SCE)'
2. Fill in the forms
Fill in the forms. The form states who is authorised to sign and whether you have to fill in any other forms.
3. Visit a KVK office to complete your registration
- Bring the completed and signed form and a valid ID. The form states which supporting documents you may need to bring.
- You must make an appointment to visit the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce KVK. To do so, click the ‘Make an appointment’ button below. During your visit, a KVK employee will check your ID and determine whether you meet the registration requirements.
Frequently asked questions
How quickly KVK processes your change depends on how you communicate your change to us.
- If you notify us of a change correctly and completely by post, we will process it in the Business Register within 10 working days after receiving it.
- Have you submitted the change online? We process digital changes within 2 days.
If the information you provide is not complete, we will contact you.
After your change has been processed in the Business Register, you will receive official confirmation by letter, or digitally via your Message Box account. Are you submitting the change online? Then you will also receive confirmation by email.
We cannot provide information about the status of the processing between the time of receipt and processing.
Are you submitting a change for a future date? Then you will only see the change in the Business Register on that date. The Business Register always shows the current situation.