What is my SBI code?
The easiest way to determine your SBI code is to use the tool developed by Statistics Netherlands (CBS).
Overview of all SBI codesAnother way of finding your SBI code is by checking the overview of all SBI codes:
- Standard Business Categorisation 2008 update 2019 (pdf, English)
- Standaard Bedrijfsindeling 2008 update 2019 (pdf, Dutch)
- Standaard Bedrijfsindeling 2008 update 2019 (Excel, Dutch)
- Standaard Bedrijfsindeling 2008 update 2019 (CSV, Dutch)
Changing your SBI code
Your SBI code is linked to your business activities as registered in the Business Register (Handelsregister in Dutch). Do your business activities change? Report it like this:
- Open the form Changes in business / branch;
- Fill out the required fields (at least sections 1, 2, and 4);
- Print and sign the form;
- Send the form to the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce KVK office of your choice.
We may request additional documentation before we change your SBI code.
Entering the SBI code in your financial annual account
You may enter your SBI code in the financial annual account you file with KVK. This is not required. Do you want to do so anyway? Then use an SBI code from this CBS list (in Dutch).
Potential consequences of changing your business activities
Changing your business activities may have consequences. For example, you may need (extra) permits and licences from the municipality, or other types of insurance. Your bank or pension fund may want to change the conditions of your account. And investors will want to be involved. Before you change your business activities, make sure you know what the consequences are, and discuss them with the (financial) institutions whose services you use.