Appointment: registering a new official
- 10 Jul 2023
- Edited 9 Sept 2021
- 1 min
- Managing and growing
Do you want to register a new official for your business? Follow the steps below to register the new official as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
Important! You cannot register a second owner or partner for an ‘eenmanszaak’ (sole proprietorship). Doing so would require changing your legal form. In this case, please make an appointment to takeover or continue the business.
Step 1: check if you have a registration form
If you have already completed a form to register a new official, go to step 2.
If you have not completed a form yet, click on the link in the ‘register a new official’ section below and follow the steps. When you reach the final step, you can make an appointment to finalise the registration right away, if necessary.Register a new official (in Dutch)
Step 2: determine if you need to make an appointment
If you have completed the form, you can determine whether you need to make an appointment with KVK to finalise the registration.
When is no appointment needed?
The following officials of a foundation, association, or owners’ association do not have to identify themselves personally, so no appointment is needed.
- supervisory board members
- sole shareholders
- liquidators who are already directors
- directors of a ‘vereniging’ or ‘stichting’ without a business
- directors of an owners’ association
Similarly, if the official is a legal entity, such as a ‘naamloze vennootschap’ (nv) or ‘besloten vennootschap’ (bv), no appointment is needed.
You can finalise the registration process by post. To complete your registration, post an envelope containing the following:
- The registration form, completed as fully as possible, signed by an official already registered with the business, as well as the new official(s).
- A copy of a valid ID belonging to the registered official.
- A copy of a valid ID belonging to the new official(s).
- Send the documents to KVK by post.
In the following cases, the new official will have to visit a KVK office in person to identify themselves. To schedule an appointment, click on ‘Log in with DigiD’.
- directors of a bv (PLC), nv (LLC), or ‘coöperatie’ (cooperative) and ‘stichtingen’ (foundations)/’verenigingen’ (associations) with a business
- partners in an nv, bv, vof (general partnership), or cv (limited partnership)
- partners in a ‘maatschap’ (professional partnership)
- authorised representatives
- liquidators who are not yet directors
What to bring to your appointment
The new offcial does not have be joined at the appointment with KVK by a registered official. The new official should bring the following:
- A valid ID.
- A registration form, completed as fully as possible, signed by an official already registered with the business.
- A copy of a valid ID belonging to this official.
- You can make an appointment at any KVK office.
- Make sure to reserve plenty of time for your appointment. When it gets busy at a KVK office location, you may have to wait.
Frequently asked questions
You register new UBOs via the UBO report. Follow the steps to make the change.
Yes, you can. Anyone with a DigiD can make an appointment for themselves or a friend, family member, or client to register a new official for a company. Do keep in mind the following:
- The new official must identify themself at a KVK office.
- They must bring a fully completed form signed by an already registered official.
- They must bring a copy of that official's identification.
You can reschedule or cancel your appointment until the last minute. Keep in mind that if you reschedule or cancel your appointment at the last minute, you are keeping the time slot occupied for others.
The moment you make an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email from the Chamber of Commerce. This email contains a link with which you can view your appointment details. You can also reschedule or cancel your appointment via the link. Can't find the email? To be sure, also check your spam box.
The registration form takes you step by step through all the questions. So it is made as easy as possible for you. Do you still find it too difficult? Then ask someone you know for help. This way you can ask them if it is not completely clear.
Is your question not included? More frequently asked questions can be found on our Help and contact page. It also states how you can contact us.
Frequently asked questions about DigiD
If you have forgotten your DigiD password, you must create a new one.
By e-mail and SMS or by letter
Go to the DigiD to reset your DigiD. Enter your citizen service number (BSN) and username here. You can now recover your password in 2 ways:
- Via e-mail and text message (e-mail address and telephone number have been added to your DigiD)
- By letter. This takes 3 working days.
Do you have an activated DigiD app and can you still log in with it? Then you can immediately recover your password via the DigiD app:
- Go to 'My and log in with the DigiD app.
- Choose 'Change/reset password'.
- Choose: 'I no longer remember my current password and want to reset my password via the DigiD app' and click on 'Next'.
- Enter your new password twice and click on 'Save password'.
- Open the DigiD app and press 'Start'.
- A link code appears in the DigiD app.
- Enter the pairing code on your computer/laptop and click on 'Next'.
- Scan the QR code with the DigiD app and confirm your choice.
- Enter your pin code on the DigiD app. Your new password is now set.
If you cannot log in with DigiD, it could be because of:
- Wrong username or password: check that you are using the correct details. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Your DigiD is not activated. First activate your DigiD with the activation code you received by letter in the mail.
- Your DigiD is blocked. Wait until the block is lifted and try again (after 15 minutes).
- Your DigiD has expired, because you have not used it for 3 years. Apply for a DigiD again.
If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD .
Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.