Changing your address

You can easily report a change of address and changes to a number of contact details via the web form.

You can digitally change the following details of your company:

  • website (url)
  • phone number or fax number
  • e-mail address
  • message box name
Change details (Dutch only)

When do I report a change of address?

You must report the change of address within a week. If more than a week has passed, you still have to report the change of address. If you do not do this, this can have consequences for the liability of your company, for example. Your change of address is only valid once it has been entered in the Business Register. You cannot claim it before. 

Do I also have to report a change of my private address? 

  • If your private address changes, you must inform the municipality. KVK only receives address changes from the municipality of private addresses in the Netherlands. 
  • Do not inform KVK of the change of the visiting address until you have notified the municipality. This prevents us from asking for additional evidence.
  • Changes to a private address abroad must be submitted via a change form. Please note that this online process is only available in Dutch. If you would prefer a fully English procedure, you can make use of the printable form.
  • Are you registered in the RNI (Registration of Non-Residents)? Please also inform one of the 19 RNI municipalities about the change in your private address.

Frequently asked questions

It is free to submit a change. For a registration of a new business or for a continuation, acquisition, merger, or demerger that involves a new entry in the Business Register with a new KVK number, you must pay a registration fee.

New KVK extract

After the change is made, you can order a KVK Business Register Extract. There is a fee for this.

Do you want to communicate a change of address without a rental, purchase or lease agreement? Then use a declaration of consent.

Declaration of consent

With a declaration of consent, the owner/landlord of the property grants you permission to establish a business/organisation at the relevant address, or to use the address in question as a postal address for your business/organisation. The declaration must have a signature and copy of the owner/landlord's proof of identity.