From a maatschap to an eenmanszaak
- 15 December 2022
- Edited 15 December 2022
- 2 min
You can arrange the transfer of your maatschap (partnership) to an eenmanszaak (sole proprietorship) or change the legal form of your maatschap to an eenmanszaak by completing the following forms and making an appointment with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce KVK. Keep in mind that you can only have one sole proprietorship.
Please note: when you acquire a business, the address for visitors and at least 1 business activity must stay the same.
- Form 17a: ‘Dissolution of a partnership or shipping company’. All partners must agree to and sign point 5.1. Under point 6.2, indicate that you wish to transfer the business to the eenmanszaak.
- Form 1: ‘eenmanszaak’ registration form.
Please also bring a valid ID to the appointment.
Schedule an appointment by clicking the ‘Make an appointment’ button at the bottom of the page. If the business is being acquired, the new owner has to make the appointment. You can make an appointment at any KVK office in the Netherlands.
If you are a former partner, are now becoming the owner of an eenmanszaak, and personally identified yourself at KVK after 1 March 2002, you do not have to schedule an appointment in person. Simply send the signed forms and enclosed documents to the KVK’s postal address.
An eenmanszaak is not required to register UBOs. KVK will unregister the UBOs linked to your maatschap. You do not have to do this yourself.
We will finalise the transfer on the effective date. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately request a new certified copy of your KVK Extract.
Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID number will also change. We will report this change in the Business Register to the Tax Administration. If you employ staff, your payroll tax number will also change. To find out what to do, visit the website of the Tax (in Dutch).
To register the business with a new KVK number, the new owner must pay a one-off registration fee. You can only pay by scanning the QR code on the invoice with your mobile. If you do not have to schedule an appointment, we will send you an invoice by post.
Find out which contracts are in the maatschap’s name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the eenmanszaak’s name.
Do you already own an eenmanszaak?
If you already own an eenmanszaak, you cannot register a second one. What can you do?
- If the business you are acquiring has a different address than your current business, you can choose to register a branch office. Send form 9 (‘Company branch’ registration form ) and form 17A (‘dissolution’ form) to us by post in 1 envelope. Also send a copy of a valid ID for each of the signatories of the forms, and a copy of the lease, purchase, or rental contract signed by 2 parties. You do not have to schedule an appointment at KVK.
- If the address is the same as the address of your eenmanszaak, do not register a branch office. In this case, submit the changes to your current eenmanszaak online, such as by adding new business activities or a new trade name.
Making an appointment
Click the button below to schedule an appointment and finalise the transfer.
FAQ about DigiD
If you have forgotten your DigiD password, you must create a new one.
By e-mail and SMS or by letter
Go to the DigiD to reset your DigiD. Enter your citizen service number (BSN) and username here. You can now recover your password in 2 ways:
- Via e-mail and text message (e-mail address and telephone number have been added to your DigiD)
- By letter. This takes 3 working days.
Do you have an activated DigiD app and can you still log in with it? Then you can immediately recover your password via the DigiD app:
- Go to 'My and log in with the DigiD app.
- Choose 'Change/reset password'.
- Choose: 'I no longer remember my current password and want to reset my password via the DigiD app' and click on 'Next'.
- Enter your new password twice and click on 'Save password'.
- Open the DigiD app and press 'Start'.
- A link code appears in the DigiD app.
- Enter the pairing code on your computer/laptop and click on 'Next'.
- Scan the QR code with the DigiD app and confirm your choice.
- Enter your pin code on the DigiD app. Your new password is now set.
If you cannot log in with DigiD, it could be because of:
- Wrong username or password: check that you are using the correct details. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Your DigiD is not activated. First activate your DigiD with the activation code you received by letter in the mail.
- Your DigiD is blocked. Wait until the block is lifted and try again (after 15 minutes).
- Your DigiD has expired, because you have not used it for 3 years. Apply for a DigiD again.
If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD .
Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.