From an eenmanszaak to a bv or nv

A notary usually registers the legal forms bv and nv in the Business Register. To register the conversion of your eenmanszaak to a besloten vennootschap or naamloze vennootschap yourself, fill out the following forms and make an appointment with KVK.

Important: when you take over an existing business, the address for visitors and at least 1 business activity must stay the same. 

  • Form 14: 'change of business and branch details’ to transfer the business to a bv or nv. 

  • Form 3: 'besloten vennootschap / naamloze vennootschap registration form'. 

  • Form 11: ‘officer registration form for legal entity'. 

  • Form 30: ‘UBO registration form' (in Dutch). The form states which attachments you need to bring. 

Also bring a certified copy of the deed of incorporation and a valid ID with you to the appointment. 

Schedule an appointment by clicking the "Login using DigiD" button at the bottom of the page. You can make an appointment at any KVK office in the Netherlands. 

UBO register  

When you register a new company in the Business Register, you also have to register its UBOs. Your notary is also authorised to register UBOs on your behalf. Follow the roadmap on our website to determine who your organisation’s UBOs are. 

If you have a listed company or are a fully owned subsidiary of a listed company, your organisation does not have to register its UBOs. 

Officer is a legal entity or partnership 

If the officer is a legal entity or partnership, you do not have to provide a personal ID. Simply send the forms to KVK’s postal address. The form states who is authorised to sign the forms and which supporting documents you may need to enclose. 

Effective date 

The transfer date is the date of incorporation of the bv or nv mentioned in the notarial deed. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately order a certified copy of your Business Register extract


Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will also change. We will report this change in the Business Register to the Dutch Tax Administration (Belastingdienst). If you employ staff, your payroll tax number will also change. To find out what to do, visit the website of the Tax Administration (in Dutch). 

Registration fee 

To register the business with a new KVK number, you must pay a one-off registration fee. You can only pay by scanning the QR code on the invoice with your mobile. If you do not have to schedule an appointment, we will send you an invoice by post. 

Current contracts 

Find out which contracts are in the eenmanszaak’s name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the bv’s or nv’s name. 

More information 

For more information about business transfers, go to

Making an appointment 

Click on "Login using DigiD" to schedule an appointment and finalise the transfer. 

FAQ about DigiD

If you have forgotten your DigiD password, you must create a new one.

By e-mail and SMS or by letter

Go to the DigiD website to reset your DigiD. Enter your citizen service number (BSN) and username here. You can now recover your password in 2 ways:

  • Via e-mail and text message (e-mail address and telephone number have been added to your DigiD)
  • By letter. This takes 3 working days.

Via DigiD

Do you have an activated DigiD app and can you still log in with it? Then you can immediately recover your password via the DigiD app:

  • Go to 'My DigiD' and log in with the DigiD app.
  • Choose 'Change/reset password'.
  • Choose: 'I no longer remember my current password and want to reset my password via the DigiD app' and click on 'Next'.
  • Enter your new password twice and click on 'Save password'.
  • Open the DigiD app and press 'Start'.
  • A link code appears in the DigiD app.
  • Enter the pairing code on your computer/laptop and click on 'Next'.
  • Scan the QR code with the DigiD app and confirm your choice.
  • Enter your pin code on the DigiD app. Your new password is now set.

If you cannot log in with DigiD, it could be because of:

  • Wrong username or password: check that you are using the correct details. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • Your DigiD is not activated. First activate your DigiD with the activation code you received by letter in the mail.
  • Your DigiD is blocked. Wait until the block is lifted and try again (after 15 minutes).
  • Your DigiD has expired, because you have not used it for 3 years. Apply for a DigiD again.

If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD website.

Apply for DigiD via You need your citizen server number (BSN) to apply.

Do you live outside the Netherlands? You can apply for a DigiD abroad. To apply you need a BSN and the Dutch nationality, or the nationality of another country in the European Economic Area (EEA).

Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.