Filing financial statements yourself
- 15 May 2023
- 1 min
- Managing and growing
Does your legal entity fall into the micro or small business category? You can use the online service for filing your financial statements yourself (Zelf Deponeren Jaarrekening) with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce KVK.File your annual financial statement (in Dutch)
Personal information when filing
Please limit and be careful with including (special) personal information in the annual financial statements. These accounts can be viewed by anyone. Think of a signature in ink or photos of directors/employees/customers.
More information: What is personal data? (in Dutch)| Authority for Personal Data
What do you need?
You need the following to file your financial statements yourself:
- the financial statements (the financial statements for filing purposes);
- a KVK account with filing authorisation, an eHerkenning means of at least security level 2 (EH2) or an access code linked to the legal entity for which you are filing financial statements.
How does it work?
To enter and file your financial statement online:
- Log in (in Dutch) with your e-mail address and password, or using eHerkenning or an access code.
- Select your financial year, business category and accounting principles.
- Select ‘Start invullen’ (begin entering information) under ‘Start deponeren’ (begin filing).
- Enter your contact information and your financial statement data.
- Check the data entered on the ‘Controleren en verzenden’ (verify and send) page.
- If you approve the data shown, select ‘Deponeren’ (file).
- The status page will let you know when your financial statement have been successfully filed.
Consult the explanatory information in Filing your financial statements yourself (only in Dutch) for more information.
What are the advantages?
Filing via the service for filing your financial statements yourself is simple and quick:
- You will immediately receive an email confirmation, including a PDF copy of your financial statement.
- Immediately after sending, your financial statement can be viewed, retrieved and checked in the Business Register. Simply go to the Business Register, enter your company name and click on the 'Jaarrekeningen' (annual financial statements) tab. If the financial year for which you have submitted the financial statement is listed, that means it has been processed and entered into the Business Register.
- Your financial statement is available in a standardised, universal format (XBRL).
Filing your financial statements yourself for intermediaries
You can use Zelf Deponeren Jaarrekening if you are an intermediary and file one or more financial statements each year. You file the financial statements using eHerkenning and an authorisation from your client.
If you file financial statements for several micro and small private limited companies, it is also possible to link these to a single eRecognition means. Your clients authorise you in writing or using their own eHerkenning means. If you submit comparatively large numbers of financial statements each year, filing will be easier and more efficient for you if you use financial software (SBR).
- Login with Mijn KVK (in Dutch) nd add the business whose annual accounts you want to file. Request authorisation. Repeat these steps for all of the businesses whose annual accounts you want to file.
- Once authorisation has been requested, the business will receive a letter addressed to the financial administration, and will accept or reject the request.
- Has the application been approved? You can file the financial statement via My KVK. You will also see if a request has already been accepted or rejected in your My KVK account.
Yes. Anyone can apply for authorisation using Mijn KVK (in Dutch). Your organisation will receive a letter, addressed to the financial administration. There is an authorisation code in this letter. You can use this to approve or reject the request online.
Applying for an authorisation to file financial statements yourself via Zelf Deponeren Jaarrekening (ZDJ) is free of charge. Requesting authorisation for another company is also free.
Choose one of the following options:
Login with an email address and password (Mijn KVK)
- Create a Mijn KVK account (in Dutch). Add the businesses to your account.
- Request authorisation to file the financial statements.
- Log out after filing a financial statement for one bv.
- Login again and select the next business.
Login with e-Herkenning
- Request e-Herkenning.
- Login at KVK (in Dutch).
Login using your access code and password
For this login method, you need an access code and password linked to each bv.
Do you want to retract your own authorisation? Remove the main office of the company from Mijn KVK (in Dutch). You can then add the company again.
You can connect several bvs to one 'eHerkenningsmiddel' using eHerkenning. If you are an intermediary, your client can authorise you in writing or via their own eHerkenning.