Registering a director, supervisory board member, sole shareholder or liquidator of a legal entity
- 10 May 2023
- 1 min
How to register a director, supervisory board member, sole shareholder, liquidator, etc. of a private limited company (bv), limited partnership (nv), cooperative (coöperatie), mutual society (Onderlinge Waarborgmaatschappij), SE, SCE, or foundation (stichting) or association (vereniging) with a business. And how to register an authorised representative for one of these legal forms.
1. Download the form
Form 11: ‘officer registration form for legal entity’
Form 19: (this is only needed for limited partnership (nv)): 'registration form for shareholders of partly-paid shares'
Form 13: ‘authorised representative registration form'
2. Do I have to send a form or visit KVK?
Visit the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce KVK
- Directors and authorised representatives must visit KVK in person to register. Liquidators need only visit in person if they were not registered as a director for the legal entity in question.
Bring the completed and signed form and a valid ID*. The form states who is authorised to sign the form and which supporting documents you may need to bring.
- You must make an appointment to visit KVK. During your visit, a KVK employee will check your ID and determine whether you meet the registration requirements.
Make an appointment online to complete the registration process (in Dutch)
Send form to KVK
- Commissioners or sole shareholders need not visit KVK in person. If the officer you wish to register is a legal entity (for instance a bv or nv, you need not visit in person either. In this case, you can simply send in a form. The form states who is authorised to sign the form and which supporting documents you may need to enclose. If a shareholder or commissioner was not registered by the notary, a certified deed of share transfer must always be submitted when registering a new or existing sole shareholder.
- Send the form, with a copy of a valid ID* of the person who signed the form, to one of the KVK’s mailing addresses.