CV to eenmanszaak

Read how to arrange the change from a CV (limited partnership) to an eenmanszaak (sole proprietorship), what is involved, and what you should pay attention to.

Step 1: Fill in forms

  • Form 17a: 'Dissolution of a partnership or shipping company'. All partners sign for agreement at point 3.1. At point 4.2 you mention the transfer of the company to the eenmanszaak
  • Form 1: 'Register eenmanszaak (sole proprietorship)'

Step 2: Make an appointment

Make an appointment at a KVK office and bring:

Registration fee

A registration fee applies for registering the company with a new KVK number. If it is not neccesary for you to come by in person, you will receive an invoice by post. 

Exception to identification requirement

Are you a managing partner who becomes the owner of the eenmanszaak and have you personally identified yourself with the KVK after 1 March 2002? Then you do not have to come in personally. You can send the signed forms with attachments to KVK by post.

Does the CV have branches or an authorised representative?

You must register these with the eenmanszaak.

  • Form 9: 'Company branch (with commercial activities)'.
  • Form 13: 'Authorised representative'.

Visiting address and business activity

When taking over a company, the visiting address and at least 1 business activity must remain the same.

UBO register

An eenmanszaak does not have to register UBOs. KVK will deregister UBOs for your CV. You do not have to do anything yourself.

Starting date

We will process the transfer from the effective date. After the change(s) have been processed, you can immediately request a new certified KVK Business Register Extract

Netherlands Tax Administration

Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will change. We will pass on this change in the Business Register to the Belastingdienst (Netherlands Tax Administration). Do you have staff? Then the payroll tax number also changes. Read what you should do in this case on the website of Belastingdienst (in Dutch). 

Current contracts

View which contracts have been drawn up in the name of the CV. These are, for example, rental and maintenance contracts or insurance. Create new contracts in the name of the eenmanszaak.

As the new owner, do you already have an eenmanszaak?

Then you cannot register a second eenmanszaak.

  • Is the company you are acquiring located at a different address than your current registration? Then choose to register a branch. Send form 9 (registration form for establishing a company) and form 17a (declaration of dissolution of the CV) in 1 envelope by post. Also send a copy of a valid proof of identity of the signatories of the forms and a copy of the rental, purchase or lease contract signed by both parties. You do not have to make an appointment to visit KVK.
  • Is the address the same as the address of your sole proprietorship? Then you do not register a branch. In this case, please inform us of your changes for your current sole proprietorship online. For example, add activities or an extra trade name.

More information

You will find more information on transferring a company in the articles Final tax return when closing down, selling, or inheriting a business and A guide to changing your business structure on   

Make an appointment

Log in with DigiD and make an appointment.

I have a question about DigiD

Check the frequently asked questions about DigiD.