From bv to eenmanszaak
- 11 May 2022
- Edited 11 May 2022
- 1 min
- Selling and takeovers
If you want to transfer your bv to an eenmanszaak, or want to change your business structure from bv to eenmanszaak, you fill in several forms and make an appointment at KVK. Keep in mind that you can only register one eenmanszaak in your name.
Please note: in case of a company takeover, at least one business activity and the business address must remain the same.
What happens to the bv?
Do you have a bv (private limited company), and do you want to continue the business as an eenmanszaak (sole proprietorship)? You have two options:
The bv ceases to exist
In that case, dissolve the bv first. Fill in these forms:
- Form 17a: ‘Dissolution of a company, legal entity, or professional partnership'. At 6.2, report the transfer of the bv to the eenmanszaak.
- Form 1: ‘Register an eenmanszaak'.
The bv becomes an eenmanszaak
Fill in these forms:
- Form 14: ‘Report changes in business or branch details'. Fill in questions 1 and 2, and mention the change of legal structure to an eenmanszaak at question 9.
- Form 1: ‘Register an eenmanszaak'.
Bring to the appointment
Bring the following items to your appointment at KVK:
- all the forms, filled in as fully as you can
- valid proof of identity
- if your bv ceases to exist: the dissolution statement
- additional documents, if relevant, such as a rental agreement for office space or a franchise agreement.
Make an appointment by clicking the 'Log in using DigiD' button at the bottom of the page. You can make an appointment at any KVK office in the Netherlands.
Date of entry
We process the transfer on the date of entry. Directly after processing the changes, you can request a (certified) KVK Business Register Extract .
When you change your legal structure, you receive a new KVK number and VAT-ID. We will report the change in the Business Register to the Dutch Tax Administration. Do you employ staff? In that case, your payroll tax number also changes. Read what to do on the website of the Tax Administration (in Dutch).
KVK will deregister the UBOs when the bv ceases to exist. You do not have to deregister the UBOs yourself. An eenmanszaak does not have to register UBOs.
To register a business with a new KVK number, you have to pay a one-time registration fee (you can only pay with a debit or credit card).
Are there any contracts in the name of the bv, such as rental or maintenance contracts, or insurances? You will have to draw up new contracts in the name of the eenmanszaak.
Find more information on transferringa business on Business.gov.nl.
FAQ about DigiD
If you have forgotten your DigiD password, you must create a new one.
By e-mail and SMS or by letter
Go to the DigiD website to reset your DigiD. Enter your citizen service number (BSN) and username here. You can now recover your password in 2 ways:
- Via e-mail and text message (e-mail address and telephone number have been added to your DigiD)
- By letter. This takes 3 working days.
Do you have an activated DigiD app and can you still log in with it? Then you can immediately recover your password via the DigiD app:
- Go to 'My DigiD' and log in with the DigiD app.
- Choose 'Change/reset password'.
- Choose: 'I no longer remember my current password and want to reset my password via the DigiD app' and click on 'Next'.
- Enter your new password twice and click on 'Save password'.
- Open the DigiD app and press 'Start'.
- A link code appears in the DigiD app.
- Enter the pairing code on your computer/laptop and click on 'Next'.
- Scan the QR code with the DigiD app and confirm your choice.
- Enter your pin code on the DigiD app. Your new password is now set.
If you cannot log in with DigiD, it could be because of:
- Wrong username or password: check that you are using the correct details. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Your DigiD is not activated. First activate your DigiD with the activation code you received by letter in the mail.
- Your DigiD is blocked. Wait until the block is lifted and try again (after 15 minutes).
- Your DigiD has expired, because you have not used it for 3 years. Apply for a DigiD again.
If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD website.
Apply for DigiD via www.digid.nl. You need your citizen server number (BSN) to apply.
Do you live outside the Netherlands? You can apply for a DigiD abroad. To apply you need a BSN and the Dutch nationality, or the nationality of another country in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.