Vof becomes new vof
- 9 Jun 2021
- Edited 9 Jun 2021
- 2 min
- Selling and takeovers
To transfer your current vof (general partnership) to a new vof, complete the following forms and make an appointment with KVK.
Important: when you acquire a business, the address for visitors and at least one business activity must stay the same.
Form 17A: 'company dissolution form'. All partners must agree to and sign point 5.1. Under point 6.2, indicate that you wish to transfer the business to the vof.
Form 2: ‘vof (general partnership) registration form'.
Form 10: ‘partner registration form'.
Form 32: ‘UBO registration form' (in Dutch). The form states which attachments you need to bring.
Also bring a certified copy of the deed of incorporation and a valid ID with you to the appointment.
Schedule an appointment by clicking the "Login using DigiD" button at the bottom of the page. You can make an appointment at any KVK office in the Netherlands.
When you register a new company in the Business Register, you also have to register its UBOs. Your notary is also authorised to register UBOs on your behalf. Follow the roadmap on our website to determine who your organisation’s UBOs are.
If you are one of the partners of the new vof and personally identified yourself at the Chamber of Commerce after 1 March 2002, or if you are joining the vof as a company or legal entity (for example as a bv, nv, vof or cv), you do not have to schedule an appointment in person. However, an authorised officer of the company or legal entity in question must sign the statement. Simply hand the form in question and a copy of your ID to the other partner or partners.
Additional supporting documents
If a company contract has been drawn up, please bring this contract to the appointment. The agreements made about the powers of the various partners are documented in the Business Register.
We will finalise the transfer on the effective date. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately order a certified copy of your certified Business Register extract.
Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will also change. We will report this change in the Business Register to the Dutch Tax Administration (Belastingdienst). If you employ staff, your payroll tax number will also change. To find out what to do, visit the website of the Tax Administration (in Dutch).
To register the business with a new KVK number, you must pay a one-off registration fee. You can only pay by debit card/credit card, not cash. If you do not have to schedule an appointment, we will send you an invoice by post.
Find out which contracts are in the vof’s name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the new vof’s name.
For more information about business transfers, go to Business.gov.nl.
Making an appointment
Click on "Login using DigiD" to schedule an appointment and finalise the transfer.
FAQ about DigiD
If you have forgotten your DigiD password, you must create a new one.
By e-mail and SMS or by letter
Go to the DigiD website to reset your DigiD. Enter your citizen service number (BSN) and username here. You can now recover your password in 2 ways:
- Via e-mail and text message (e-mail address and telephone number have been added to your DigiD)
- By letter. This takes 3 working days.
Do you have an activated DigiD app and can you still log in with it? Then you can immediately recover your password via the DigiD app:
- Go to 'My DigiD' and log in with the DigiD app.
- Choose 'Change/reset password'.
- Choose: 'I no longer remember my current password and want to reset my password via the DigiD app' and click on 'Next'.
- Enter your new password twice and click on 'Save password'.
- Open the DigiD app and press 'Start'.
- A link code appears in the DigiD app.
- Enter the pairing code on your computer/laptop and click on 'Next'.
- Scan the QR code with the DigiD app and confirm your choice.
- Enter your pin code on the DigiD app. Your new password is now set.
If you cannot log in with DigiD, it could be because of:
- Wrong username or password: check that you are using the correct details. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Your DigiD is not activated. First activate your DigiD with the activation code you received by letter in the mail.
- Your DigiD is blocked. Wait until the block is lifted and try again (after 15 minutes).
- Your DigiD has expired, because you have not used it for 3 years. Apply for a DigiD again.
If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD website.
Apply for DigiD via www.digid.nl. You need your citizen server number (BSN) to apply.
Do you live outside the Netherlands? You can apply for a DigiD abroad. To apply you need a BSN and the Dutch nationality, or the nationality of another country in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.