Vof becomes new vof

To transfer your current vof (general partnership) to a new vof, complete the following forms and make an appointment with KVK.

Step 1: Fill in forms

  • Form 17A: ‘dissolution of a vof, maatschap, cv, or shipping company'. All the partners sign for approval at 3.1. At 4.2, you report the transfer of the vof to the new vof

Step 2: Make an appointment

Bring the following items to your appointment at KVK:

Registration fee

A registration fee applies for registering the company with a new KVK number. If it is not neccesary for you to come by in person, you will receive an invoice by post. 

Exception to identification requirement

If you are one of the partners of the new vof and personally identified yourself at KVK after 1 March 2002, or if you are joining the vof as a company or legal entity (for example as a bv, nv, vof or cv), you do not have to schedule an appointment in person. However, an authorised officer of the company or legal entity in question must sign the statement. Simply hand the form in question and a copy of your ID to the other partner or partners.  

Does the vof have branches or an authorised representative?

You must register these with the new vof.

  • Form 9: 'Company branch (with commercial activities)'
  • Form 13: 'Authorised representative'

Additional supporting documents 

If a partnership contract has been drawn up, please bring this contract to the appointment. The agreements made about the powers of the various partners are documented in the Business Register.  

Visiting address and business activity

When taking over a company, the visiting address and at least 1 business activity must remain the same.

Effective date  

We will finalise the transfer on the effective date. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately order a certified copy of your certified KVK Business Register Extract.  

Netherlands Tax Administration

Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will change. We will pass on this change in the Business Register to the Belastingdienst (Netherlands Tax Administration). Do you have staff? Then the payroll tax number also changes. Read what you should do in this case on the website of Belastingdienst (in Dutch).   

Current contracts 

Find out which contracts are in the vof’s name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the new vof’s name. 

More information  

You will find more information on transferring a company in the article Final tax return when closing down, selling, or inheriting a busines on Business.gov.nl.

Make an appointment

Log in with DigiD and make an appointment.

I have a question about DigiD

Check the frequently asked questions about DigiD.