Authorisations to view non-public data
- 10 May 2023
- 4 min
At the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce KVK, we handle personal data with care. You can only view non-public Business Register data and non-public UBO register data if you have an authorisation to do so. You need an authorisation for:
- View non-public and protected Business Register data and/or UBO register data.
- Report incorrect UBO data.
- Search for a natural person in the Business Register and/or UBO register.
In this article you can read which authorisations you can request from KVK.
Application for authorisation
A separate application form is available for each target group on which the authorisation(s) available for the target group are listed. Before filling in, please read the authorisation conditions on the form. KVK will only process the application if it is completed fully and if all required documents are included. We aim to process the authorisation within 5 working days of receiving a complete application. You will receive confirmation from us by email.
After granting the requested authorisation(s), the relevant options will be available via KVK.nl.
There are no additional costs for viewing information including non-public and/or protected data via KVK.nl.
UBO data and authorisations
Since Tuesday 22 November 2022, UBO data are no longer public and it is no longer possible to apply for a KVK UBO Register Extract. Minister Kaag of the Ministry of Finance has asked KVK to temporarily stop providing information extracts from the UBO register. This decision was taken following the European Court of Justice ruling.
How do you apply for authorisations for KVK.nl?
- Please note: for authorisation to view non-public and/or protected Business Register data and UBO register data, you need a personal access code.
- Choose your application form below.
- Fill it in digitally.
- Print it out.
- Sign it with a pen.
- Send your application form, registration list (if required), and a copy of your proof of identity by post or via mSafe to KVK. More information on how to send the application can be found on the application form.
Application forms (in Dutch)
- Lawyers - Aanvraagformulier advocaten and Registratielijst advocaten.
- Bailiffs* - Aanvraagformulier deurwaarders and Registratielijst deurwaarders.
- Civil-law notaries - Aanvraagformulier notarissen and Registratielijst notarissen.
- Government authorities- Aanvraagformulier overheden and Registratielijst overheden.
* Bailiffs employed by a municipality should use the 'Government authorities' application form.
How do you apply for authorisations for KVK Dataservice?
If your organisation uses the KVK Dataservice, please contact your relationship manager at KVK to apply for authorisations.
Withdrawal of authorisation(s) to view non-public data
If, due to a job change, leaving employment, or another reason, there is no longer any right to authorisation on legal grounds, this should be terminated immediately. The responsibility for having the authorisation withdrawn lies with the organisation itself.
To have the authorisation withdrawn, please send an email to email@example.com. State your initials and name, KVK number, the access code, the name of the user of this access code, and the desired withdrawal date. In this request, please also indicate whether the access code should also expire or whether this only concerns a request to withdraw the authorisation. An access code without authorisation still provides the possibility to retrieve public data.
Within 2 days of receiving the request, we will process the withdrawal of the authorisation in our system. We will send a confirmation of this.
These are the authorisations you can apply for.
View private, restricted and non-public visiting addresses in the Business Register
- Authorisation - View private, restricted, and non-public visiting addresses in the Business Register (‘Inzien privéadressen en afgeschermde en niet-openbare bezoekadressen in Handelsregister’ (IPA)).
- Data/Description - Non-public private and shielded and non-public visiting addresses of owners, partners, associates, officers and entities, respectively.
- Available from: www.kvk.nl and KVK Dataservice.
View privacy-sensitive personal data in the Business Register
- Authorisation - Viewing privacy-sensitive personal data in the Business Register (‘Inzien privacygevoelige persoonsgegevens in Handelsregister’ (IPP)).
- Data/Description - Non-public personal data: citizen service number, gender, place of birth, and country of birth of owners.
- Available from: www.kvk.nl (place and country of birth only) and KVK Dataservice.
Search for Natural Person in the Business Register
- Authorisation - Search by Natural Person in the Business Register (‘Zoeken op Natuurlijk Persoon in het Handelsregister’ (ZNP)).
- Data/Description - Searching the Business Register by natural person.
- Available from: www.kvk.nl.
Terms and conditions of authorisation
Business Register/UBO register via KVK.nl and KVK Dataservice
- These authorisation conditions apply to the granting, use, and termination of authorisations received by the user within the framework of Business Register legislation (both Handelsregisterwet and Handelsregisterbesluit). The organisation or its employees may only use the authorisations in the capacity that justifies obtaining the authorisation. This is because of the sensitivity of the data processed, which is non-public in certain circumstances.
- The organisation has demonstrably implemented technical and organisational security measures to ensure that the data to be processed is used only for this purpose and not for other purposes.
- KVK should be informed immediately in writing if one or more users within the organisation are no longer entitled to the authorisations. For example, because no authorised professionals are employed, as referred to article 51 in the Business Register Act, because an authorised person leaves the organisation, or because the organisation is no longer an authorised administrative body, as referred to in article 28 of the Business Register Act.
- The organisation is aware that access and codes obtained are strictly personal and non-transferable. The organisation ensures that personalised access and codes are not (or cannot be) used when the relevant user is no longer employed by the organisation.
- The organisation is fully responsible and liable for compliance with these conditions. KVK is permitted to terminate authorisations and to refuse new requests for authorisation if the organisation fails to comply with one or more of these conditions.
- KVK has the right to unilaterally change these authorisation conditions. If KVK amends (part of) the authorisation conditions, KVK will make these amended authorisation conditions available to the organisation.
- These authorisation conditions shall not affect the possible applicability of other KVK conditions of use, such as the conditions of use that apply to the provision and use of Business Register data.