From an eenmanszaak to a maatschap

Find out how to transfer your eenmanszaak to a maatschap, or change the legal form of your eenmanszaak to a maatschap, what is involved, and what you should pay attention to.

Step 1: Fill in forms

  • Form 14: 'Change of business and branch details’ to transfer the business to a maatschap (point 9.1)

  • Form 2a: ‘Registering a maatschap'

  • Form 10a: ‘Registering a partner (maat)'

  • Form 32: ‘UBO registration for a cv, vof, progessional partnership, EESV, or shipping company'. The form states which attachments you need to bring

Step 2: Make an appointment

Make an appointment at a KVK office and bring:

Registration fee 

To register the business with a new KVK number, the new owner must pay a registration fee.  Do you not need to visit in person? Then you will receive an invoice by post.

Exception to the identity requirement  

Are you a partner who previously owned the sole proprietorship and did you register personally with KVK after 1 March 2002? Or are you joining the maatschap as a company or legal entity (for example, as a vof, cv, bv, or nv)? Then you do not have to visit KVK in person. However, an authorised person of the relevant company or legal person must sign the statement. In that case, give the relevant form together with a copy of your identity document to the other partner(s).

Does the eenmanszaak have branch offices or an authorised person?

Then they must be re-registered with the maatschap.

  • Form 9: 'Registration of a company branch'
  • Form 13: 'Registration of authorised representative'

Additional supporting documents 

If a maatschap contract has been drawn up, please bring this contract to the appointment. The agreements made about the powers of the various partners are documented in the Business Register. 

Visiting address and business activity

When taking over a business, the visiting address and at least 1 business activity must remain the same.

Effective date 

We will finalise the transfer on the effective date. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately request a certified KVK Business Regis ter Extract

Netherlands Tax Administration

Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will also change. We will report this change in the Business Register to the tax authorities. If you employ staff, your payroll tax number will also change. To find out what to do, visit the website of the Dutch Tax Administration

Current contracts 

Find out which contracts are in the eenmanszaak’s name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the maatschap’s name. 

More information

You will find more information on transferring a company in the articles Final tax return when closing down, selling, or inheriting a business and A guide to changing your business structure on

Making an appointment 

Log in using DigiD to schedule an appointment. 

I have a question about DigiD

Read our frequently asked questions about DigiD.