From an eenmanszaak to a maatschap
- 15 Dec 2021
- Edited 15 Dec 2021
- 1 min
- Selling and takeovers
To transfer your eenmanszaak to a maatschap or change the legal form of your eenmanszaak to a maatschap, complete the following forms and make an appointment with KVK.
Important: when you take over an existing business, the visiting address and at least one business activity must stay the same.
Form 14: 'change of business and branch details’ to transfer the business to a maatschap (point 9.1).
Form 2a: ‘maatschap registration form'.
Form 10a: ‘partner registration form'.
Form 32: ‘UBO registration form' (in Dutch). The form states which attachments you need to bring.
Schedule an appointment by clicking the "Login using DigiD" button at the bottom of the page. You can make an appointment at any branch of KVK in the Netherlands.
When you register a new company in the Business Register, you also have to register its UBOs. Find out who your organisation’s UBOs are.
If you used to own an eenmanszaak before joining a maatschap and personally identified yourself at KVK after 1 March 2002, or if you are joining the maatschap as a company or legal entity (a bv, nv, vof, or cv, for example), you do not have to schedule an appointment in person. However, an authorised officer of the company or legal entity in question must sign the statement. Simply hand the form in question and a copy of your ID to the other partner or partners.
Additional supporting documents
If a maatschap contract has been drawn up, please bring this contract to the appointment. The agreements made about the powers of the various partners are documented in the Business Register.
We will finalise the transfer on the effective date. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately request a Certified Business Register extract.
Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will also change. We will report this change in the Business Register to the Dutch Tax Administration (Belastingdienst). If you employ staff, your payroll tax number will also change. To find out what to do, visit the Tax Administration website (in Dutch).
To register the business with a new KVK number, the new owner must pay a one-off registration fee. You can only pay by scanning the QR code on the invoice with your mobile. If you do not have to schedule an appointment, we will send you a bill by post.
Find out which contracts are in the eenmanszaak’s name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the maatschap’s name.
For more information about business transfers, go to Business.gov.nl.
Make an appointment
Click on "Login using DigiD" to schedule an appointment and finalise the transfer.
FAQ about DigiD
If you have forgotten your DigiD password, you must create a new one.
By e-mail and SMS or by letter
Go to the DigiD to reset your DigiD. Enter your citizen service number (BSN) and username here. You can now recover your password in 2 ways:
- Via e-mail and text message (e-mail address and telephone number have been added to your DigiD)
- By letter. This takes 3 working days.
Do you have an activated DigiD app and can you still log in with it? Then you can immediately recover your password via the DigiD app:
- Go to 'My and log in with the DigiD app.
- Choose 'Change/reset password'.
- Choose: 'I no longer remember my current password and want to reset my password via the DigiD app' and click on 'Next'.
- Enter your new password twice and click on 'Save password'.
- Open the DigiD app and press 'Start'.
- A link code appears in the DigiD app.
- Enter the pairing code on your computer/laptop and click on 'Next'.
- Scan the QR code with the DigiD app and confirm your choice.
- Enter your pin code on the DigiD app. Your new password is now set.
If you cannot log in with DigiD, it could be because of:
- Wrong username or password: check that you are using the correct details. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Your DigiD is not activated. First activate your DigiD with the activation code you received by letter in the mail.
- Your DigiD is blocked. Wait until the block is lifted and try again (after 15 minutes).
- Your DigiD has expired, because you have not used it for 3 years. Apply for a DigiD again.
If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD .
Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.