From vof to bv or nv

Read how to arrange the transition from a vof to a bv or nv, what this entails, and what you should pay attention to.

Step 1: Fill in forms

  • Form 17a: 'Dissolution of a vof, cv, maatschap, or shipping company'. All partners must agree to and sign point 3.1. At point 4.2, mention the transition of the partnership to the bv. 
  • Form 3:  'Registration of a besloten vennootschap/naamloze vennootschap'.
  • Form 11: 'Registration of an official for a legal entity'.
  • Form 30: 'Registration UBO for a bv, nv, or European nv or cv'. Check who are the UBOs in your organisation.

Does the vof have branches or an authorised representative?

These need to be registered anew for the bv or nv.   

  • Form 9: 'registration branch of a company'.
  • Form 13: 'registration authorised representative'.

Step 2: Make an appointment

Make an appointment at a KVK office and bring:  

  • The completed forms. 
  • A certified copy of the notarial deed of association.
  • The required documents (the forms specify what you need to bring).  
  • Valid proof of identity

Is the official a legal entity or a collaborative? 

In that case, you do not need to make an appointment with KVK. Send the forms to KVK by post

Registration fee 

To register the business with a new KVK number, the new owner must pay a registration fee.  If you do not have to schedule an appointment, we will send you a bill by post. 

UBO register

KVK deregisters the vof's UBOs when it is dissolved. You do not have to deregister them yourself. 

Additional supporting documents 

We request additional supporting documents. For example, a rental agreement for commercial premises, or a franchise agreement.  

Visiting address and business activity

When a business is transferred, the visiting address and at least one business activity must remain the same. 

Effective date 

The transfer date is the association date in the notarial deed of association. After the change/changes has/have been processed, you can immediately request a certified KVK Business Register extract

Tax numbers

Due to the change of legal form, the KVK number and VAT ID will also change. We will report this change in the Business Register to the Belastingdienst. If you employ staff, your payroll tax number will also change. To find out what to do, visit the website of the Netherlands Tax Administration


Find out which contracts are in the vof's name, including rental contracts, maintenance contracts, and insurance policies. Change the name on the contracts to the bv or nv's name. 

More information

You will find more information on transferring a company in the articles Final tax return when closing down, selling, or inheriting a business and A guide to changing your business structure on 

Make an appointment 

Click on "Login using DigiD" to schedule an appointment and finalise the transfer. 

I have a question about DigiD

View the FAQ about DigiD