Appointment: registering a VvE, stichting, or association

A stichting (foundation), vereniging (association) with full legal capacity, or VvE (Owners’ Association) is established by notarial deed. After incorporation, the notary will register these legal forms in the Business Register and the UBO Register. If your stichting or vereniging engages in commercial activities, you will have to make an appointment to finalise your registration.

Preparing for your appointment  

Commercial activities include managing a canteen, cafeteria, or bookshop. If your vereniging or stichting engages in commercial activities, please make an appointment at KVK.  

Complete the following forms prior to the appointment:  

  • Form 5: Stichting (foundation), vereniging (association), or owners' association registration form.  

  • Form 8: Registration form for a business owned by a legal entity.  

  • Form 11: Registration form for an officer for a legal entity.  

  • Want to register a stichting (foundation)? Please also complete form 31: UBO registration for a foundation (in Dutch).  

  • Want to register an vereniging (association)? Please also complete form 33: UBO registration for cooperative, mutual society, or association (in Dutch).

Each form states which documents you may need to bring to the appointment. 

What to bring to your appointment  

Schedule your appointment by clicking on the ‘Log in using DigiD’ button below. Make sure to bring the following documents to your appointment:  

  • All completed forms needed to register your foundation or association. 

  • If necessary, a copy of your lease or purchase agreement signed by 2 parties or a declaration of consent

  • The documents you need to register UBOs  

  • A valid ID. 

  • The original notarised deed 

About your appointment  

  • You can make an appointment at any KVK office.  

  • Make sure to set aside plenty of time for your appointment. When it gets busy at a KVK office, you may have to wait.  

  • You will have to pay a one-off registration feeImportant! You can only pay by scanning the QR code on the invoice with your mobile.


Yes, you can. Anyone with a DigiD can make an appointment for themselves or a friend, family member, or client to register a new official for a company. Do keep in mind the following:

  • The new official must identify themself at a KVK office.
  • They must bring a fully completed form signed by an already registered official.
  • They  must bring a copy of that official's identification.

A newly established VvE is usually registered for you by a civil-law notary.

Is your VvE not yet registered? You can read how to do this in the article Registering an owners’ association.

Association with full legal capacity

You must visit a notary (in Dutch) to set up a vereniging (association) with full legal capacity. Once it has been set up, the notary usually registers it with the Business Register.

Association with limited legal capacity

You do not have to visit a notary to set up an association with limited legal capacity. It is not compulsory to register such an association with KVK. However, registration is still advisable. Directors are jointly and severally liable, but can limit their liability by registering in the Business Register. After registration, they are liable only if creditors demonstrate that the association has not fulfilled its obligations.

Documents for registering an association with limited legal capacity

Do you want to register an association in the Business Register? You should collect the following documents for an association with limited legal capacity and send them to the KVK's postal address.

  • form 5 (registering a foundation or association);
  • form 22 (registering an executive staff member of a foundation or association);
  • a copy of a valid form of identification for each director;
  • a written copy of the memorandum and articles of association, certified by the board of management, if available (every page initialled and the last page signed by the directors).

Registration forms

All KVK forms.

Confirmation and registration costs

After registration, we will send you a written confirmation and an invoice for the registration fee by post. You can request a certified KVK Business Register Extract immediately.

You must set up a stichting (foundation) with a deed executed before a civil-law notary. Once it is set up, the civil-law notary registers it in the Business Register.

Register the foundation yourself

If you want to register the foundation yourself, gather the following documents and send them to the KVK postal address:

  • A validated copy of the notarial deed of incorporation
  • Form 5: Registering a foundation, association, or owners' association
  • Form 22: Registering an official of a foundation, association, or owners' association
  • Form 31: Registration UBO for a Stichting
  • A copy of a valid form of ID for each director


You can download all the necessary forms from our website.

Confirmation and registration fee

After registration, we will send you written confirmation of your registration and an invoice for the registration fee by post. You can apply directly for a certified KVK Business Register Extract.

You can reschedule or cancel your appointment until the last minute. Keep in mind that if you reschedule or cancel your appointment at the last minute, you are keeping the time slot occupied for others.

The moment you make an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email from KVK. This email contains a link with which you can view your appointment details. You can also reschedule or cancel your appointment via the link. Cannot find the email? To be sure, also check your spam box.

Follow the form. It takes you through all the questions you need to answer, one by one. That makes it easy to fill it in. Are you not confident? Or are you having difficulty because you do not speak Dutch? Ask someone you know who does understand Dutch to help you. 

Is your question not included? More frequently asked questions can be found on our Help and contact page. It also states how you can contact us.

FAQ about DigiD

The DigiD website tells you what to do. Go to Login with DigiD app or Login with SMS verification.

There are several reasons why you may see an error message when logging into DigiD,

The DigiD app disconnects if you are inactive for 15 minutes or more. Try to log in again.

Are you still unable to connect? Then go to the DigiD website for more information. There you can check if there is a problem. And you can read more about possible solutions.

If logging in with DigiD continues to fail, please see Logging in with DigiD app or Logging in with SMS verification.

Is it still not working? Watch the DigiD tutorial videos.

If you have forgotten your DigiD username, you must request a new DigiD. You can do this via the DigiD website.

Apply for DigiD via You need your citizen server number (BSN) to apply.

Do you live outside the Netherlands and do not have a DigiD? Check which situation applies to you.

- I have Dutch nationality. You can apply for a DigiD. The DigiD website tells you how to do this.
- I do not have the Dutch nationality, but the nationality of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA). First register with the Non-Residents Records Database (RNI). After registration with the RNI, you will immediately receive a citizen service number (BSN) and can apply for a DigiD. The DigiD website tells you how to do this.
- I have a nationality outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Then you cannot use DigiD. Do you need a DigiD to make an appointment to register your sole proprietorship or general partnership (vof)? If so, please call 088-585 15 85.

Is your question about DigiD not listed here? Check out the DigiD website for more frequently asked questions and answers.