Products and orders
We are frequently asked these questions.
Ordering a Business Register extract
You easily can order a KVK extract from the Business Register for your own or another business online:
- search for the business in the Business Register (in Dutch) by business name or KVK number;
- select the business;
- choose ‘uittreksel Handelsregister’ (Business Register Extract) and the required type;
- complete the order.
Read more about the various types of KVK extracts.
- Use the Search function (‘Zoeken’, in Dutch) to find the business;
- Search by KVK number or business name;
- Select your business;
- Choose ‘uittreksel’ (extract) and then the required type;
- Complete the order.
Read more about the various types of KVK Extract.
The digital, certified KVK extract is also available in English. To order, do the following:
- Search for the business in the Business Register by trade name, address, or KVK number.
- Select the business.
- Go to 'uittreksels' (extracts) and select a digital ('Digitaal gewaarmerkt') or paper ('Papieren gewaarmerkt') certified extract. Select your payment method. Please note: the English digital certified extract can only be ordered with an access code for your KVK account. Therefore, you will need to select 'KVK account' and log in.
- Then select 'English'.
The English variant is identical to the Dutch extract, with the exception of the translation of a number of text fields. A generic translation of these is not available, as the interpretation of that content may differ per country.
The English-language KVK Extract is not always accepted, partly because it does not contain all the details. In some cases, the English version must be accompanied by the Dutch version of the extract, or certified with the stamp of a notary or embassy. You should find out in advance whether the party you are dealing with will accept an English-language extract.
A KVK Extract shows a company’s details as they stand at the time the extract is requested. So if changes are made subsequently, the details in the extract will no longer be up to date. That is why most companies request an extract of no more than 1 month old.
A certified KVK Extract provides assurance that the extract has been taken from the Chamber of Commerce’s Business Register. It also constitutes official proof of registration, and is therefore requested by some authorities.
You can order a digital, certified extract in Dutch, with or without an access code. You need an access code to order a digital, certified extract in English.
If you want to give your order a reference, you must order with an access code as well.
You can use those methods of payment for a Dutch-language digital, certified extract, but not for an English-language one. The English-language extract can only be ordered with an access code. Orders paid for with iDEAL or by credit card are anonymous, so you will not receive an invoice for your order.
Most of the standard terms, such as the address, name, powers, etc. are translated. Where that is impossible because there is no standard translation, you must use the Dutch-language extract. The details concerned are:
- the description of the business (the SBI description is translated);
- details of the restrictions on power of attorney;
- references to judgments of a foreign court;
- certain job titles of officers.
Both the digitally certified KVK Extract and the printed certified KVK Extract are suitable for official use. Before requesting a digitally authenticated extract, check with the receiving organisation whether they accept it. For example, to register a car at the post office, you usually need a printed certified extract. Printing a copy of a digitally certified extract is not accepted as an official document.
Ordering other products
- Search for the business in the Business Register by business name or KVK number;
- Select the business;
- Choose ‘documenten' (documents) and the required type;
- Complete the order.
You can request the following documents via the website:
- Memoranda and articles of association deposited after 1 June 2013 (except those of owners’ associations);
- The most recent deeds of private and public limited companies set up after 1 January 2011;
- All memoranda and articles of association previously requested at our Service Centre.
If the documents are not available online, you can order them by telephone. You will receive your product by email or post.
You can order annual accounts for all legal entities required to file financial statements, provided that they have complied with their filing obligation.
- Search for the business in the Business Register via the trade name or the KVK number.
- Select the business.
- Choose 'Jaarrekeningen' (annual financial statements) and select the statement you wish to view.
- Complete the order by clicking the button 'Bestellen'.
Read more about the different types of the annual financial statements.
All products and information are shown in a business profile, so you do not have to look them up separately.
You will receive the 3 most recent standardised annual accounts, if available. You can request the original annual accounts separately.
Bij het KVK Handelsregister Bedrijfsprofiel krijg je het product uittreksel Handelsregister - inzien niet gewaarmerkt. Wil je een gewaarmerkt uittreksel Handelsregister? Bestel dit dan apart.
You will receive the uncertified KVK Extract for information (not certified). If you need a certified KVK Extract, you must order it separately.
The company hstory before 1993 is no longer included in the KVK Corporate History, but you can request these data by phone: (+31) 88 585 15 85.
No, you cannot. The UBO register is no longer public. Only authorised bodies can request UBO information. We are working on a solution for viewing your own UBO data.
Do you need your UBO information because your bank, accountant or notary asks for it? For that, use the confirmation letter stating that you are UBO of an organisation.
About my order
If you cannot see the email attachment, click ‘Forward’ and it should display. Save the extract and open it with Adobe Reader.
If you use an Apple computer, specific emails settings may block an attachment.
That depends on the type of extract you order. The version for information purposes will appear on your screen immediately. The digital, certified KVK Extract will be emailed to you as a PDF file within 10 minutes after your order. The paper, certified extract will be posted to you the same day if you order it before 15:00 CE(S)T.
You can print a digital, certified extract from the Business Register or the UBO register, but the printed document will not be legally valid. If you want to use the digital certified extract for official purposes, you must forward the original email with the document attached. This is legally valid and will usually be accepted.
A KVK extract of a dissolved business can serve as a proof of deregistration. You can order the extract online.
- Select 'Zoeken' (search) from the homepage
- Select 'Uitgebreid zoeken in het Handelsregister' (advanced search) in the Business Register
- Fill in the data of the business
- press the 'Zoek in het Handelsregister' button (Search in the Business Register)
- select the correct location/registration
- select 'KVK uittreksel Handelsregister' (KVK Extract)
- choose the desired variant
- complete the order
Please note: to order deregistrations dating from before 1 January 2015, you will need an access code.
Did you expect to receive the product by email? Check if the email is in your spam or junk folder. Did you order the product today using an access code? Please order the product again. We will not charge additional costs in this case. Did you order the product before today and paid with iDEAL or credit card? If so, please contact us.
You can find your orders under Mijn account (My account, in Dutch):
- Click on ‘inloggen’ (log in – top right);
- Select ‘Handelsregister’ (Business Register);
- Enter your access code and password;
- Select the period next to ‘Bestellingen’ (Orders).
You will immediately see which products you have ordered.
If your organisation has several login codes, there will be one main account and one access code, which you can use to request the full list of login codes. Above the table, you will see which members of your organisation can view these details. If you do not know which is the main user’s or administrator’s access code, please contact us.
You can export your orders in 'Mijn account' to an Excel file, or another program:
- Click on download
- Download the order overview
- You will receive a CSV file
- How to open the CSV file in Excel or another program depends on the software version.
Below are the most common steps within Excel:
- Open the file
- Select column A
- Select Text to columns (usually on the 'data' tab)
- A help window opens
- Choose separate > next
- Celect comma > next
- Select finish